The Jared Matthew Lamy Memorial LIFE Scholarship is dedicated to encouraging kindness to self and others especially in handling situations in the presence of alcohol. It is a talking point trigger to get young people thinking about how to handle situations where a friend has had too much to drink. A plan to not leave that person alone and a plan to protect them from the possible dangers such as suicide that certain blood alcohol levels can result in harming themselves…permanently.
The scholarship recipient will receive a one-time award of $500 to go towards furthering his/her education and life.
Eligibility currently requires that the student:
- Be a graduating high school senior from Broadmoor High School in the East Baton Rouge Parish of Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Embody the philosophy of treating others well… “Kindness to self and others.”
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Plan to continue educational opportunities for future advancement
- Explain in a brief paragraph/essay “Why do you try to uphold the well-being of others?”
- Provide one letter of recommendation
Please mail the following application, paragraph, high school transcript and letter of recommendation to:
Jared Matthew Lamy Memorial LIFE Scholarship
10638 Shermoor Dr.
Baton Rouge, LA 70815
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are due by March 31, 2020
Submissions become property of the Scholarship and will NOT be returned.
Acceptance of the scholarship allows the Scholarship funders to publish names, information, and photographs of the recipient.
Acceptance of the scholarship allows the Scholarship Funders of Jared Matthew Lamy to publish names, information, and photographs of recipients.
jared-matthew-lamy-memorial-life-scholarship2020 (pdf application form)